Human Resources Coordinator
Organization: Center for People with Disabilities
Organization Type: 501(c)(3)
Job Location: Front Range
Type of Job: Full-time
Job Category: Administrative | Finance
HR Coordinator provides assistance with and facilitates human resource functions at all CPWD locations. HR coordinator is responsible for addressing matters raised by current employees and new-hires, organizing and scheduling orientations, training and development for employees and volunteers, coordinate CPWD events, assist with development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures, and oversee the compliance of HR policies and regulations set internally and by the government.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Employee relations
- Administering employee benefits, including enrollments, changes, and terminations.
- Acting as liaison between employees and insurance providers.
- Resolving benefits-related problems.
- Responsible for onboarding and orientation for all employees.
- Assisting with the performance review and termination processes.
- Assisting with the recruitment and interview processes.
- Completes Forms I-9, verifies I-9 documentation and maintains I-9 files. Submits online investigation requests and assists with new-employee background checks.
- Reconciles benefits statements.
- Analyzing training needs and make recommendations to supervisors and Executive Director.
- Ensuring legal compliance with the state and federal labor laws and regulations.
- Maintaining employee files as to ensure accuracy and compliance.
- Working alongside the Accounting/Administrative Assistant regarding overseeing benefits deductions and additions to the payroll system.
- Coordinating all employee incentive programs.
- Assisting in ad-hoc HR projects, like collection of employee feedback.
- Acting as the point of contact for employees on all HR related matters.
- All Workers Compensation reports, including coordination of and assistance with the WC insurance audit.
- Making photocopies; mailing, scanning, filing and emailing documents; and performing other clerical functions.
- Assists with other accounting, payroll and administrative functions as assigned.
- Participate in staff meetings, department meetings and other meetings as assigned.
- Volunteer relations
- Generating appropriate volunteer opportunities and role descriptions based on the needs at CPWD.
- Raising staff awareness of the role and the function of volunteers.
- Conduct and/or arrange for volunteer orientation and training.
- Monitoring, supporting, motivating and accrediting volunteers and their work.
- Organize and participate in volunteer recognition programs and special events.
- Coordinating logistics of annual and occasional events at CPWD.
- Coordinating employees, volunteers, and contractors in planning, executing and concluding events.
Required skills and capabilities
- Proven experience as an HR coordinator or relevant human resources/administrative position
- Knowledge of human resources processes and best practices
- Strong ability in using MS Office (MS Word, MS Excel and MS Powerpoint) and Google applications.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to handle data with confidentiality
- Excellent organizational, time management and planning skills
- Demonstrated capability to conduct one’s self in a calm and professional demeanor when dealing with difficult situations
- Demonstrated capability to effectively communicate orally and in writing
- Demonstrated capability of problem solving
- Ability to work well with a diverse group of staff and volunteers
- Ability to work effectivelyunder pressure and with frequent interruptions
- Ability to travel between CPWD offices and as needed
- Preferred education and experience: Bachelor's degree in human resources or related field and/or equivalent experience.
- Office environment requiring ongoing computer use and extended amount of time sitting or standing.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to empower a qualified candidate with a disability to perform the essential functions of the job
- This position may also require the performance of other duties, as assigned.
Holidays,Vacation and Sick time. Medical and Dental. EcoPass, LIfe Insurance.
Please send resume and cover letters to email@example.com